Being a lifelong Mainah, I'm ashamed to say that I didn't start liking lobster until I was 18! Not only do they taste fantastic, but these somewhat mysterious creatures from the sea are also quite fascinating. Here are some fun facts:
- They keep growing forever, but nobody knows how long they really live since larger ones are too big to be caught in traps.
- Female lobsters make the first move by shedding their shells and sending out pheromones to entice their male counterparts.
- Lobsters are cannibals – claws aren’t only banded to keep our fingers safe, they also prevent them from eating each other when kept in tanks.
- A lobster’s crusher claw can exert pressure of up to 100 pounds per square inch.
- A U Maine professor invented golf balls with a core made from lobster shells.
- Lobster was so abundant in colonial times that they were served as prison food.
Each piece is printed on high quality archival Canon luster photo paper and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
I couldn't decide which background I liked better, so I created this one with a sea green background as well as one with a rosy sand background. Prints ship out in 1 to 3 business days via USPS. Free shipping in the USA!
- 6x9 and 8x12 artwork includes an acid-free white mat.
- 12x18 prints are printed with a half inch white border on 13x19 paper and are shipped rolled in a rigid cardboard tube.
Frames shown are for illustrative purposes only and are not available for purchase. Find a great selection of frames to compliment your new print at www.frameusa.com.
Due to settings/device preferences, the color on your screen may vary slightly from the actual color of the print.
Maine Lobster #1 - Graphic Art Print
Printed on high quality archival luster paper as ordered and shipped out from 1 to 3 business days.
Small: 6x9 print comes matted (total size 9x12 with white mat) and shipped in a rigid cardboard mailer.
Medium: 8x12 print comes matted (total size 12x16 with white mat) and shipped in a rigid cardboard mailer.
Large: 12x18 print comes rolled in a rigid cardboard tube (total size 13x19 paper - NO MAT).
* I retain all copyrights to my artwork and it may not be reproduced or used commercially in any way. Buyers agree that my art is for private use only.